case study: swedish medical center
As a non-profit healthcare provider, Swedish takes seriously their responsibility to provide access to the services, expertise and facilities needed by our communities. It is their philosophy that healthcare impacts everyone, and that it is their responsibility to lead the healthcare discussion. With the right mission and goals already in place, Swedish needed assistance from a public relations firm to help them rise above the noise in an intensely competitive industry. The Fearey Group stepped up to the plate.
Utilize social media tools, comprehensive marketing strategies, and top-tier public relations to highlight Swedish’s commitment to care. The Fearey Group sought to achieve two goals: 1) Position Swedish as the go-to healthcare system and 2) Become the loudest and most active health care voice in the region. Through creating the world’s first-ever live online video stream of sleep disorder testing, a comprehensive educational web series targeting the hearing loss community, and the first-ever live commercialized Flash Mob, The Fearey Group leveraged Fearless Thinking in order to place Swedish at the forefront of healthcare services.
- First-ever tweet-up of a patient sleeping in the Sleep Clinic (Mashable)
- Live stream of a Deep Brain Stimulation surgery (Scientific American MIND)
- Kidney surgery tweeted (KIRO)
- Instagram in the Operating Room: Hearing restoration (The Atlantic)
- Fold a paper airplane with a da Vinci robot (MedGadget)
- Flash mob shakes up hospital’s 100th anniversary (Seattle Times)
- Knee replacement surgery, live on the Internet (Puget Sound Business Journal)
- Be a brain surgeon for a day (425 Magazine)